Monday, October 14, 2013

Foley + Corinna Mid City Tote

It's Autumn in the Northwest and the mornings start a little later and the evenings start a little earlier, so it's little wonder that my Foley + Corinna Mid City Tote is filled with black. 

Not only is the bag black, but all of the content are black. Black and awesome!!!!

MzStory Bag

Being blind without them, I'm carrying both my eyeglasses in their respective black cases and while the cases are black, both the frames are not. The Vintage Vogue, circa 1980 are gold glorious gold. These are my new reading glasses and they arrived exactly a week and a half before my Shauns Shades did.  I really dig my vintage Vogues and ordered a couple of chains as soon as they arrived because I want to channel the hole edge of the nose librarian vibe these evoke.  The chain links will look incredible affixed to each of the Vogues lowered arms and I'll be a regular Golden Girl in them.

Equally, I love my Shauns, as there's no comparison to the Vogues and they stand on their own stylistically.  They're so modern in the Lomond brown and cream frames I ordered. With a luxe metal brow sandwiched between the masculine acetate and the dual tones of the caramel and cream, they're a winning combination and I feel like I'm part of the Ocean's Eleven cast wearing them.  I mean, you've gotta love an eye glass company that offers exams to the visually in-need with every purchase you make. Shauns are like the Toms of the eyewear world, but with fine Italian craftsmanship.

You'll see my SkullCandy earbuds in their embossed glossy black can. The sound quality is as good as the aesthetics, amazing! Which is great for me as I've been crushing on the group Goldroom and their new release, Fifteen. You have to download this song at https://soundcloud.com/goldroom/goldroom-fifteen-ft-chela-1 They're currently touring the US and I've already got my tickets. You can find out if they're in your neck of the woods at http://goldroom.la !!!

Everyone who knows me understands it's a given that I have my Tanner Goods Workman Wallet.  It's my daily staple and it always has to be included in the fray and chaos that is the MzStoryBag. This wallet is a taste of the Northwest and all the "boys" covet its Portlandian lines (yes, I'm talking about you gorgeous Mister Starbucks Barista). 

And of course what girls bag is complete without some perfume and this lady felt like Nahema by Guerlain of Paris today.  It's winter and something with a little presence seemed appropriate, so I tucked a refillable sample size into the side pocket. That's the thing about fragrances, you have to try them out and see if they bloom on you in the right way. And given that Guerlain of Paris took four years to design this parfum de toilette back in 1979, it's no wonder that I take no less than a week to decide on my scent du jour.  It's because of this that my bags are littered with samples of what have become full size favorites.     

The only color in todays tote is the almost finished book, Elizabeth Bard's "Lunch in Paris". Readers of the book will understand why there is a Magnum popsicle tucked between its pages being used as a bookmark. Reading this book is about fine dining, romance Parisian style and chocolate. Perhaps I'm embellishing the importance of the chocolate, but if you choose to read this book, a chocolate covered Magnum Ice Cream with a vanilla ice cream center is the perfect on-the-go accompaniment.

I also have my organic Luna lip gloss tint in raspberry shine to bring some La Vie En Rose to my noir day. It's colder and dryer as autumn prepares me for winter, so this is a must have really. I'm sure you know of Luna Bars, so you'll understand the quality of a yummy lip balm made from bees wax and organic oils.  It smells like candy and tastes like fruit and adds a beautiful pink oh so subtle rosiness to lips.

Covet List


Shauns Shades, Lomond Brown and Ivory Frame - http://www.shaunscalifornia.com
Earbuds - http://www.skullcandy.com/shop/
Fifteen by Goldroom - http://goldroom.la
Workman Wallet - http://www.tannergoods.com
Organic Tinted Lip Balm - http://www.lunabar.com/products
Nahema by Guerlain of Paris - http://www.guerlain.com

No comments:

Post a Comment