Monday, October 21, 2013

Dooney & Bourke All-Weather-Leather Cross Body Bucket Bag

The Vintage Dooney and Bourke All Weather Leather Cross Body Bag in Creme and British Tan.  This is a beautiful bag to touch with pebbled cream leather and tanned detailing over brass accents.  

It's not a complicated bag either, but it has a nice outside pouch, an adjustable shoulder strap and a simple flap that has a striking brass fastener.  Large enough to fit my Tanner Workman wallet, make-up and cd purchases, it's a transitional bag that feels at home in the evening as much as it does during the day.

Vintage Dooney & Bourke Pebbled All-Weather-Leather Bucket Bag

I attended the Oregon Symphony this weekend specifically for the Portland Indies show.  One of my favourite local sons, Holcombe Waller was headlining along with Black Prairie and Mirah.  It was a folk and symphonic fusion in a setting so elegant and grand.  No where in the country would you be able to see a concert like this and in a setting as magnificent as the Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall

   


Because it wasn't a serious opera evening and I wasn't dressing up for Aida, but rather folk music backed by the symphony, I elected for a more casual ensemble rather than a sequined evening gown and beaded clutch.  I instead wore white denims with light grey suede boots that had a shearling cuff at the ankle. It was Portlandian elegance, urban meets evening.




Because I packed light and I wanted a more sophisticated evening look for my eyes, I included the Stila Trio.  As the site will tell you, its a trio of award-winning eye shadows that can be applied wet or dry.


Stila Trio Compact

Inspired by Stila’s favorite places around the globe, these eye shadow shades can be worn separately or combined to create countless looks for both day and night. I like to do double duty and use it as both a blush and an eye shadow.  So I make sure to grab a kabuki brush for cheek touch-ups and it lasts the entire evening.


L'oreal Glam Shine in Prima Donna #110

L'oreal Glam Shine in Prima Donna #110 is a sparkling gloss that goes on light while catching the light. and because we had front row seats I did feel like a Prima Donna being so close to the stage.


Hamarikyu Gardens by Mary Pierre
My perfume, Hamarikyu Gardens by Mary Pierre, is an Anthropologie solid pencil.  I have the eau du cologne at home in full size, but the convenience of the pencil is great.  The scent is exotic and complex and ever so light.  It's a great evening perfume that floats gently, hinting at its notes rather than assailing the person in the seat next to you.

Holcombe Waller Album

I have the album, Into The Dark Unknown, by Holcombe Waller on my iTouch, but when you have the chance to not only meet the artist, gush about his talented performance and garner an autograph, well you have to, even if you come across as a foolish sycophant doing so.  He will be performing again on the 22nd of November and I have already made arrangements.  I feel like a stalker, like a 16 year old girl that squeals and cries (squeals), but he is a fantastic artist and I'm going to enjoy watching him rise to stardom.


Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall

Covet List











No comments:

Post a Comment